Gary Con IV

For all things Gary and all things Gary Con.

Re: Gary Con IV

Postby Melf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:03 pm

geekpreacher wrote:
Mark wrote:The hats were a great addition this year. I wear mine proudly. Thanks to the GC gang for getting some high-quality products!

Yes, I'm kicking myself because I didn't buy a cap or an extra cup. The cups are great but after a few washings the words begin to flake away. So, it would have been smart for me to get a second cup to use as a pen/pencil holder on my desk.

Oh, and my friend Redd is annoyed with me because I forgot to buy him a shirt.

Derek- I think there are a couple shirts left over. I am not sure of the sizes available. If you are willing to pay for the shipping charge (5-8 bucks or so)- send Donal a PM with the size desired and see if he can get it. Chris has the extra gear at his house.

Luke
Melf
Demi-God

Postby a flannel shirt » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:26 pm

JediSoth wrote:I'm already thinking about the games I'm going to run. I heard some rumblings of disappointment that I didn't have a Paranoia game this year, so I might whip up a new scenario for that. I will probably run another D&D game. I'm torn between making a silly goblinoid game, using rules from GAZ10 Orcs of Thar for goblinoid characters, or a more traditional low level (5 or 6) game, the plot of which I won't spoil here.

Decisions, decisions.

I've been wanting to play Paranoia ever since I've heard about it. My group seems to be stuck in Star Wars mode. Which in itself is kind of annoying. I am getting their interest in MSH though.

Here is the list of what I might be running:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic D&D
Title: King for 1000 Years!

As of now I have a print out of the scroll. I hope by the time GCIV comes around I will have made the scroll feel like parchment/leather as well as the other "notes" found in the game. The game has been play tested once with great success. I do not think I will be changing much to the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MSH (FASERIP)
Title: I have not decided yet

It was just a typical day in downtown Chicago. The temperature was cold, the wind was blowing hard, and the cabbies once again almost ran you over. However, something happened that day that was different. Your usual check up ended strangely, you noticed a lot more hairs on your chest, or you just didn’t feel right. Something (whatever your origin was) was not right. Thinking nothing of it you slept off this funk. When you woke up you realized that things were different, you had powers that you didn’t have before. You spent the next few nights learning the insides and outs of these powers and foiling a few small crimes. Seeing an opportunity to help this great city you designed a costume and became…….
On your first night as a true superhero you reach for the knob on your door to your room and a sudden pain shoots through your head. You are knocked completely unconscious. You awake and find yourself……

The game has been play tested once with success. I plan to make some updates and run the game again soon.

Star Wars Saga
Title: Aggressive Negotiations

I have not decided yet on a description.

I hope to running these games under the dead game society's banner.
Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.
---------------------------------------------------
My Little piece of the web:
http://jolietgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi
a flannel shirt
Conjurer

Postby hackhamster » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:38 pm

JediSoth wrote:I'm already thinking about the games I'm going to run.

I've already committed myself (in my own mind that is) to running a conversion of the old Holmes Blue Book dungeon to the newest version of Hackmaster. This year I went as a player, next year, I gotta GM.
hackhamster
Prestidigitator

Postby prolificvoid » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:40 am

dndgeek wrote:I will likely run Queen of the Demonweb pits with Dungeons Deep rules, in addition to our new adventure, Revenge of the White Wyrm.

Queen of the Demonweb Pits sounds awesome! Is the DD rules system available yet?
Apologies for my ignorance, of course...
:oops:
James Lewis
Henchman in Service
Benevolent Dictatorship of Noc'yrag
prolificvoid
Baron

Postby dndgeek » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:44 am

Playtesting next month, but I'll refrain from hard dates just yet, as we've been overeaching a bit so far.
dndgeek
Magician

Postby lucailario » Thu May 05, 2011 3:32 am

Any news about next year scheduling?
I'd like to patrol some secondary travel agency sites in order to book the flight at the best price...
Luca Ilario Carbonini
lucailario @ gmail . com
http://www.facebook.com/lucailario.carbonini

ALWAYS LOOKING FORWORD FOR THE NEXT GARYCON
lucailario
Theurgist

Postby Melf » Fri May 06, 2011 4:50 am

lucailario wrote:Any news about next year scheduling?
I'd like to patrol some secondary travel agency sites in order to book the flight at the best price...

Yes. We have the dates. I'll see about getting them posted up for all of you go getters!
;)
Melf
Demi-God

Postby deogolf » Fri May 06, 2011 12:53 pm

COOOOooooolll!!
deogolf
Thaumaturgist

Postby otto von grunwald » Sat May 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Good to see you go with the four days. :D

Everyone plan accordingly. ;)
Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.
otto von grunwald
Conjurer

Postby mark » Sat May 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Of course that also means ramping up some off-the-books Wednesday activities . . . ;)
mark
Necromancer

Postby bloodymage » Sun May 08, 2011 12:29 am

OK, I live in a hell with no gamers and no game shops. I'm going crazy in my place because of the constant vehicular traffic and music 24/7. And I can't even have a dog! (Treebore was working on getting me a service dog, but he died of Parvo, so I'm back to square one.) There's a place I can look at when I get back from this madness of a con that should be more countrified and quieter. But that's not going to solve my gaming urges. I've really been contemplating plopping myself down somewhere in Iowa, but I don't really know how to start looking.

Anyone have a mother-in-law place on a farm? I need someplace quiet, soon, to pull my poor jumbled up mind back together. And just so this isn't immediately dismissed, I'm a 100% service-connected PTSD disabled vet coming out of a sudden death in a severely dysfunctional family. My head used to be on super straight, but now I can't think my way out of a paper bag! If I could have a table of gamers with a real-life gaming store in reach, I'd be okay, but I can't take big cities or nightmare traffic anymore.

If you guys want to view this as a rant, I can't blame you, but I seriously need help. If you have an idea, PM me.

Sorry for the rain. :oops:
Last edited by Melf on Sun May 08, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polyhedron Games LLC
At RPGNow - wwwdotrpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4130
At Cafe Press - wwwdotcafepress.com/polyhedrongamesllcshop
Our Amazon store - httpslashslashcolonastore.amazon.com/pogall-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=26
bloodymage
Theurgist

Postby jim skach » Wed May 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Are these official? I mean, can I call the hotel and get a room?
The rules are my slave, not my master. - Old Geezer

My Other Sword Is Vorpal
jim skach
Theurgist

Postby francisca » Thu May 12, 2011 10:06 am

bloodymage wrote:OK, I live in a hell with no gamers and no game shops.

Where the hell are you? I'd like to avoid it.
francisca
Warlock

Postby Emperor Xan » Thu May 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Sounds like Orange County.
Richard T. Balsley
Emperor Xan
Warlock

Postby mark » Thu May 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Emperor Xan wrote:Sounds like Orange County.

The county with no rhyme.
mark
Necromancer

Postby bighara » Fri May 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Very definitely going to try and make plans to run something at GC4. Not sure what it'll be yet, but probably something B/X-y. :)
"I am hungry."
"When were you ever otherwise?"
"When I am fighting," Kull answered seriously.
bighara
Theurgist

Postby Melf » Fri May 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Jim Skach wrote:Are these official? I mean, can I call the hotel and get a room?

Jim- I expect these dates and the location to be solid, but I posted them up for general planning purposes (95% certain). The official announcement will be up in a couple months with the opportunity to pre-reg for badges, order shirts and most importantly submit events that you want to run at Gary Con IV.

I am glad to see so many people planning for Gary Con IV already! :D

Luke
Melf
Demi-God

Postby Emperor Xan » Fri May 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Luke, what can I say, it's an awesome convention. One that makes me wish months rolled by faster so I can attend the next one.
Richard T. Balsley
Emperor Xan
Warlock

Postby tellion » Sat May 14, 2011 2:47 am

I'm ready for another merry marathon session with Tavis and company! And there is never a dull moment with Grodog in Castle Greyhawk. The encounter with the Sea Wrights was bone-chilling (not to mention level draining) and rumors of it have already begun to circulate the web. Counting down the days!!!
tellion
Evoker

Postby smokin » Mon May 16, 2011 7:35 am

Successfully planned for GCIV????
You're kidding right?. If you ask, I think you will find we have planned for GC IV-XX.
But planning for anything more into the future than XX would be silly.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!
smokin
Thaumaturgist

Postby iddig ap nil » Fri May 20, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm already working on a couple of tentative adventures for GCIV...They are:

Murder at Iroquois Point - Boothill 3e
Lumber Baron Thomas Haytt and his family has been murdered in their mansion on Iroquois Point on Lake Superior. However, Haytt's family's bodies haven't been found yet, just copious amounts of blood in the mansion. To make matters worse, the workmen at the Haytt lumber camp have claimed that indians have been seen in the forest. Because Haytt often does business with the Pinkerton Agency, agents have been sent to investigate.

The other one is some sweet pulp action using the D6 Adventures rules...More info will be forthcoming, of course. :)
iddig ap nil
Evoker

Postby the keeper » Fri May 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Iddig ap Nil wrote:I'm already working on a couple of tentative adventures for GCIV...They are:

Murder at Iroquois Point - Boothill 3e
Lumber Baron Thomas Haytt and his family has been murdered in their mansion on Iroquois Point on Lake Superior. However, Haytt's family's bodies haven't been found yet, just copious amounts of blood in the mansion. To make matters worse, the workmen at the Haytt lumber camp have claimed that indians have been seen in the forest. Because Haytt often does business with the Pinkerton Agency, agents have been sent to investigate.

The other one is some sweet pulp action using the D6 Adventures rules...More info will be forthcoming, of course. :)

Sounds like a job for Columbo.... :D
Baron of Grognard
Keeper of Deekin's Dun-Jun of Portals
Commander of the Armys of Plasteik
Master of the White Cubes
Instructor of the games
Chief Cook & Bottlewasher @ Southern Lakes Area Gamers
Independent Event Organizer
the keeper
Wizard of the Black Sigil

Postby Druvas » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:49 pm

I doubt I'll run any games but I most certainly will make a run for the keg of Spotted Cow. :-) Can't wait for March to get here!
Druvas' Maps in GIMP

"Honey, you're such a dork."
- She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed (a powerful Succubus that tricked me into marriage)
Druvas
Wizard of the White Sigil

Postby Melf » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Druvas wrote:I doubt I'll run any games but I most certainly will make a run for the keg of Spotted Cow. :-) Can't wait for March to get here!

If we have a keg or two of spotted cow on hand Druvas then you are free to run a game or two! Don't be shy, whip up a scenario from your favorite RPG or bring a cool boardgame and share it with us. Hell, I am even going to run an adventure of two this year. I missed running at GC III with my carzy schedule.
Melf
Demi-God

Postby geekpreacher » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Melf wrote:
Druvas wrote:I doubt I'll run any games but I most certainly will make a run for the keg of Spotted Cow. :-) Can't wait for March to get here!

If we have a keg or two of spotted cow on hand Druvas then you are free to run a game or two! Don't be shy, whip up a scenario from your favorite RPG or bring a cool boardgame and share it with us. Hell, I am even going to run an adventure of two this year. I missed running at GC III with my carzy schedule.

You're going to run an adventure? That should be interesting. For some reason, I've always thought of you as being on the gaming side of the screen but I knew you'd have run some games before.....Guess it's all those character stories you've shared that had me thinking about it.

So, do you tend to be more combat oriented, puzzle oriented or do you mix it up to confuse everyone? :)
A geek and a preacher. Go figure, eh?

My Blog: A Fusion of Geekiness and Spirituality
geekpreacher
Wizard of the White Sigil

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion